How to land the artist residency of your dreams
Curious about artist residencies? Dream of doing one, but don’t know where to start? Have been knocked back before and feel disheartened? Want to have a better chance of success? Here’s what you will learn from Amy:
- How to avoid confusion and pinpoint the artist residency that is right for you
- How to understand and dissect applications with greater ease
- How to tailor proposals for maximum impact
- How to fund your residency, know your options
- Plus, insider knowledge and tips on how to dramatically increase your chances of success
Melbourne-based ceramic artist Amy Kennedy has been awarded four important international artist residencies. These extraordinary and diverse experiences have had an enormous impact on the development of her art and path of her career. In 2018 she created The International Artist Program to work with artists and craftspeople to get them closer to their dream artist residency. She is delighted to be doing this online masterclass as part of Sydney Craft Week and invites you to bring along all your questions regarding artist residencies.
Details: Saturday 16 October, 10am – 11:30am, see website for booking details
Talk, masterclass, educational, free event
Top Images: Amy Kennedy, Loading kiln, Shigaraki Ceramic Culture Park, Japan, 2019. Photos: Courtesy of the Artist.